Social Media Manager
This is a volunteer remote position.
Reports to: Holy Land Trust Digital Marketing Manager
Holy Land Trust has a new volunteer position available for a Social Media Manager. The Social Media Manager works closely with the Holy Land Trust’s Digital Marketing Coordinator and team to implement Holy Land Trust’s social media marketing activities.
Holy Land Trust is a non-profit Palestinian organization committed to fostering peace, justice and understanding in the Holy Land. We are deeply committed to exploring the root causes of violence and seek to develop solutions to address them. We believe that true peace is achieved through nonviolent activism and personal transformation. Holy Land Trust also works to foster spirituality as a core component in honoring the dignity and equal rights of all peoples.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work with the HTL Digital Marketing Coordinator in establishing social media strategies and procedures.
- Manage and post all social media content according to the established HLT editorial calendar.
- Post content on multiple platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms as needed.
- Help communicate HLT’s brand story regularly and with consistently on social media platforms.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent writing and content development skills for creating a variety of content for growing a social media audience. Must speak English as a first language.
- Excellent story teller. The ability to tell a compelling and engaging story that communicates our brand story and vision.
- Knowledge and experience in setting up and running successful organic social media campaigns.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the latest social media marketing strategies.
- Highly proficient configuring and working in various social media platforms.
- Proficient working in office, graphic design and video applications.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- A BA degree in marketing, business, journalism, communications, or related field preferred.
- Approx. 8 -10 hours per month